Marine Crew: Engineer – Kingston, Ontario
Kingston 1000 Islands Cruises is part of Kingston Destination Group, a group of brands focused on achieving hospitality excellence as the portal to inspired visitor experience in the Kingston 1000 Islands destination.
Joining our team as a member of the marine crew means committing to an engaging, rewarding career in the heart of Kingston’s busy and expanding tourism industry. Marine crew members are directly responsible for the safe operation of their vessel, and also for interacting with guests and contributing to the welcoming atmosphere that encourages tens of thousands of guests to visit us every year.
Seasonal operations run from April to October.
Kingston 1000 Islands Cruises is seeking Marine personnel with a 4th Class Engineering Ticket or higher.
· 4th Class engineering ticket.
· G driver’s license.
· Positive attitude and approach.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, guest-focused environment.
· Strong verbal communication skills in English.
· Heavy lifting and other demanding physical work is occasionally required.
· Marine experience an asset.
· Services and repairs vessels, engines, and systems.
· Maintain gangways, and all shore support equipment.
· Organize/participate in servicing vessels: fueling, sewage, freshwater, bilge pumping.
· Participate in a key role in fit out and layup of all vessels systems, engines.
· Organize/participate in annual dry-docking of vessels in compliance of TC regulations.
· Ensure all engine rooms meet minimum standards of Transport Canada regulations.
· Document repairs and maintenance.
· Assists in preparation for Transport Canada annual inspection.
To Apply, Contact:
Apply Online: https://kdg.applytojobs.ca/marine/18212