Deckhand – Cleveland, OH
Serves as deckhand aboard District Floating Plant to include survey boats, survey vessels, tugboats and crane or derrick barges engaged in maintenance of waterways. Responsible for proper handling of mooring or towing lines, safe operation of deck equipment.
This is a permanent Federal job with excellent opportunity for upward growth!
- Handles and fastens mooring and towing lines during docking, mooring and departure operations.
- Ensures that lines are properly tied to docks or floating plant which tug is tending.
- Operates engines or winches controlling anchor or deck equipment.
- Performs general vessel maintenance duties and keeps boat in ship shape condition.
- Maintains, repairs, cleans, and paints the deck, hull, superstructure, and storage areas.
- Prepares surfaces to be painted by removing old paint utilizing tools and methods of choice or those assigned.
- Operates auxiliary launch or other small boats engaged in surveying or other maintenance operations.
To Apply, Contact: