Mate of Towing – Traverse City, MI
Come Sail with us on the Great Lakes!
If you are looking to sail with us as part of our Deck or Engine teams, safety, efficient operations, a family-oriented environment, one of the best leave and rotation systems on the Great Lakes, unprecedented teamwork and some of the most talented colleagues in the industry are just some of the reasons you will enjoy a career with us!
Whether you work in Canada or the U.S., a total rewards package is everything you receive as an employee and includes your income, paid travel to/from the vessel, healthcare benefits, retirement savings plans and work/life balance with best in class rotation (4 weeks on, 4 weeks off March through January.) Opportunities education and upgrade bonuses to support career growth at a pace that is right for each individual. Grand River Navigation Company is the U.S. operating subsidiary of Rand Logistics Corporation. Together with our Canadian sister company, Lower Lakes Towing Ltd., we are one of the largest marine transportation service providers operating on the Great Lakes today with a combined fleet of 15 bulk freight vessel is service to over 50 customers across the Great Lakes and St. Lawrence Seaway.
“We can go where the big ships go and also where they can’t!”
Our Company is searching for qualified candidates for the position of Mate of Towing aboard our US flagged self-unloading vessels.
· Safely manning a Navigation Watch
· Supervising the Maintenance and upkeep of the hull, decks and superstructure of the vessel
· Responsible for the safe loading, unloading of cargo
· Ensuring that vessel lifesaving and firefighting equipment is properly maintained
· Supervising and directing the vessels Deck Department, including the ordering of Deck Supplies
· Other duties assigned by the Vessel Master
· As an employee you are part of the Rand Logistics family where Teamwork and safety are a core value
· Highly competitive wages and benefits
· The best leave system in the industry
· We pay for your travel to and from the vessel
· Excellent Health and Retirement Benefits
· Excellent safety record
· Full comprehensive benefits package
· Upgrade bonus
· Paid training through MITAGS
· Ability to upgrade to an Unlimited License and obtain 1st Class Pilots Endorsement
· And more!
· TWIC Card - Transportation Worker Identification Credential
· United States Merchant Mariners Credential (MMC) issued by the USCG
· MMC Endorsement as Mate of Towing and Mate of Vessels 500 GRT (Minimum)
· Unexpired US Passport or Enhanced Driver's License and allowed entry into Canada
· Legally authorized to work in the US, without restriction
· Excellent communication and ability to multi-task
· Experience working as a team and desire to working together as a team player
· Experience and desires to align to our Values: Creating a Positive Customer Experience, Health/Safety/Environment focused, High Integrity and Teamwork
To Apply, Contact:
Apply online at: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/All/2e35f308-5389-4b0f-bf05-0ec96bc309d7/Grand-River-Navigation-Company