3rd Assistant Engineer – Traverse City, MI
Come Sail with us on the Great Lakes!
If you are looking to sail with us as part of our Deck or Engine teams, safety, efficient operations, a family-oriented environment, one of the best leave and rotation systems on the Great Lakes, unprecedented teamwork and some of the most talented colleagues in the industry are just some of the reasons you will enjoy a career with us!
Whether you work in Canada or the U.S., a total rewards package is everything you receive as an employee and includes: your income, paid travel to/from the vessel, healthcare benefits, retirement savings plans and work/life balance with best in class rotation (4 weeks on, 4 weeks off March through January.) Opportunities education and upgrade bonuses to support career growth at a pace that is right for each individual. Grand River Navigation Company is the U.S. operating subsidiary of Rand Logistics Corporation. Together with our Canadian sister company, Lower Lakes Towing Ltd., we are one of the largest marine transportation service providers operating on the Great Lakes today with a combined fleet of 15 bulk freight vessel is service to over 50 customers across the Great Lakes and St. Lawrence Seaway.
“We can go where the big ships go and also where they can’t!”
Our Company is searching for qualified candidates for the position of 3rd Assistant Engineer aboard our US flagged self-unloading vessels.
• Safely manning an Engineering Watch
• Complete tasks as assigned by the Preventative Maintenance System
• Maintain Engine and Deck Equipment such as Air Compressors, Winches, Sewage Units, Ballast Pumps, Potable Water Pumps, and OWS
• Other duties assigned by the Vessel’s Chief Engineer
• As an employee you are part of the Rand Logistics family where Teamwork and safety are a core value
• Highly competitive wages and benefits
• The best leave system in the industry
• We pay for your travel to and from the vessel
• Excellent Health and Retirement Benefits
• Excellent safety record
• Full comprehensive benefits package
• Upgrade bonus
• Paid training through MITAGS
• And more!
• TWIC Card - Transportation Worker Identification Credential
• United States Merchant Mariners Credential (MMC) issued by the United States Coast Guard (USCG)
• MMC Endorsement as 3rd Assistant Engineer of Motor Propelled Vessels Unlimited Horse Power
• Unexpired US Passport or Enhanced Driver's License and allowed entry into Canada
• Legally authorized to work in the US, without restriction
• Excellent communication and ability to multi-task
• Experience working as a team and desire to working together as a team player
• Experience and desires to align to our Values: Creating a Positive Customer Experience, Health/Safety/Environment focused, High Integrity and Teamwork
Grand River Navigation is an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
To Apply, Contact:
Apply online at: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/All/2e35f308-5389-4b0f-bf05-0ec96bc309d7/Grand-River-Navigation-Company