Maritime Operations Specialist – Mackinaw City, MI
• Develop and maintain performance reporting and drive continuous improvement of performance of Enbridge’s Coordinated System at the Straits of Maritime Operations Center (ESMOC).
• Budget, track, trend and report on costs associated to drive efficiency in ESMOC operations.
• Drives continuous improvement and advancement of Enbridge’s maritime safety programs at the Straits of Mackinac including technology and other enablers.
• Perform reviews and assurance of Enbridge contractor related maintenance work plans for the Straits of Mackinac crossing.
• Proactively forecasts and coordinates with 2nd and 3rd party operators conducting maintenance work.
• Coordinates with pipeline integrity and pipeline control leak detection groups in administration of Enbridge Vesper Marine AIS and GE ThreatScan.
• Facilitates and administers tours and presentations of Enbridge’s Straits Maritime Operations Center to Tier 1 Stakeholders (i.e. USCG, USEPA, PHMSA, US Elected Officials, MIEGLE, DNR, Tribal).
• Ensures maintenance and reliability System hardware (SeaCOP, Vesper Marine, ThreatScan, cameras, radars, etc.).
• Coordinates with US Coast Guard on Enbridge maritime operations and Projects.
• Facilitates weekly on-water operations briefing with Straits of Mackinac marine contractors and US Coast Guard.
• Attends and reports localized ice conditions to USCG/CCG coordinated ice meetings during hardwater season.
• Assists with TIS in getting appropriate stakeholders (Tribal, USCG, State) access to view Coordinated System.
• Coordinates with local pipeline maintenance supervisor and regional emergency response coordinator in maintaining Enbridge emergency response marine fleet.
• Assists in Great Lakes Region emergency response and preparedness exercises.
• Related university degree and ten‐plus years’ experience OR ten‐plus years of previous maritime maintenance/operations experience, OR equivalent mix of formal education and experience.
• Proven organizational and time-management skills, and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Ability to optimally communicate (verbal, written, presentation) with various audiences, including field staff, technical professionals and external partners.
• Strong analytical & problem-solving skills to resolve discrepancies in project scope and information.
• Solid understanding of MS Office tools, scheduling software, SharePoint and other project control systems.
• Extensive marine experience on large navigable waterways.
• Vessel master / captain / pilot experience.
• Experience and working knowledge of marine partners (USCG, Lake Carriers’, Pilots Association, etc.).
To Apply, Contact:
Please apply by directly going to Enbridge Career Site: