Maritime Search and Rescue Coordinator – Québec
Are you seeking a career that directly contributes to the safety of life at sea? Do you hold a Watchkeeping Mate or Watchkeeping Mate, Near Coastal certificate? Join the thrilling field of emergency response as a Search and Rescue Coordinator in #Québec! Don’t miss your chance to make an impact with a challenging and rewarding career. The application process is open until January 2022, but the next pull of candidates is coming soon! Apply by May 16th!
• A high school diploma or an acceptable combination of education, training and/or experience related to the position to be filled
• Watchkeeping Mate certificate or Watchkeeping Mate, Near coastal certificate of Competency approved under SCTW 95 and issued under the Canada Shipping Act, 2001 Marine Personal Regulations SOR/2007-115 (or equivalent*)
o Applicants holding a Bridge Officer Certificate from a foreign institution or the Royal Canadian Navy must consult Transport Canada regulations for equivalency information at the following link: https://www.tc.gc.ca/fra/securitemaritime/npmp-formation-examen-certification-faq-1052.htm
• Applicants must have one or more of the following experience criteria to be considered in this process. A combination of the experience requirements totaling 12 months or more could be acceptable:
o 12 months experience as a deck officer in charge of the watch; or
o 12 months experience as a Marine Rescue Coordinator or Assistant Coordinator at a Joint Rescue Coordination Centre (JRCC) or Marine Rescue Sub-Centre (MRSC); or
o 12 months experience as an officer in a Marine Communications and Traffic Services Centre (MCTS); or
o Equivalent experience as defined in section 106 (2) C of the Flight Personnel Regulations (SOR / 2007-115)
• Bilingual – Imperative
• Knowledge of search and rescue methods and procedures associated with a maritime / aeronautical incident
• Critical thinking
• Communication skills
• Ability to use various computer tools
• Good interpersonal relations
To Apply, Contact:
ALL JOB APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED USING THE GC JOBS WEBSITE.
APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED BY EMAIL.
For questions, please contact Human Resources Quebec at : firstname.lastname@example.org