1st Assistant Engineer – Traverse City, MI
Our company is seeking a well-organized and self-directed individual for the position of Engineer with the following duties:
• Complete tasks as then come due on P.M. system.
• Update P.M. system by adding to work plan & assigning tasks to both Deck dept. & Engine Room.
• Keep track of hours for the whole department and make a valid attempt to maintain target hours.
• Take notes throughout the year on winter work items that you wish to be completed.
• Assign jobs to 3rd, 2nd, General Maintenance Man & E/R cadet. Whether it’s scheduled maintenance, a project or a repair that needs to be made.
• Ensure the Engine Room is kept clean & tidy.
• Inform C/E on a daily basis of maintenance/projects being carried out for the day.
• Order & check off stores
• Have a thorough knowledge of operating & emergency procedures.
• Maintain Engine and Deck Equipment such as Air Compressors, Winches, Sewage Units, Ballast Pumps, Potable Water Pumps, and OWS
• Other duties assigned by the Vessel’s Chief Engineer
USCG MMC - 1st Assistant Engineer Unlimited Motor
Valid US Passport
Ability to Enter Canada
To Apply, Contact:
Michael Taetsch - Director of Human Resources