Tug Boat Captain – Sturgeon Bay, WI
• Use specialized knowledge of local winds, weather, water depths, currents, and avoiding other marine traffic, outlying shoals, and other hazards to operate boat/barge.
• Load and transport assorted pieces of equipment, supplies, and materials.
• Steer boats/barges into and out of berths and harbors.
• Properly and safely fender, moor, and anchor boat/barge.
• Consult maps, charts, weather reports, and navigation equipment to determine and direct work boats/barge movements.
• Give direction to crew members.
• Maintain any required logs.
• Outfit and maintain proper safety equipment.
• Direct maintenance on the vessel as needed.
• 100 ton license with a TOAR Endorsement.
• Radar Observer Endorsement.
• Welding Certification is beneficial but not required.
• Willingness to work throughout the Great Lakes, with the majority of the time working within Lake Michigan and Lake Superior areas.
• Ability to assist construction crew on an as-needed basis.
To Apply, Contact:
Roen Salvage Company
PO Box 26
Sturgeon Bay, WI 54235